My Little Light
just trying to let it shine

Witnessing (Modern Church Style)

Labels: , ,
I know you told us to be your witnesses in this world of sin,
But then we would spend less time with our Christian friends.

That thing about gathering together we have taken to heart.
We could witness to others if they would just come be part.

Take the message to them?  No, we don't have the time.
We might miss the church potluck, and that's always sublime.

I think I have found a way I can make your message known,
That doesn't require me to step out of my comfort zone.

I'll vote for issues and people that will pass legislation
Making my idea of morality become forced participation.

I'm too lazy to attempt anything that might rock my boat.
I'm too scared to be your witness, can I just offer you my vote.

About Me

Kentucky, United States
I love to write. Whether it's short stories, poems, or something else altogether I hope you will enjoy them. If you feel so inclined I would love to have you leave a comment on the things you read.

This Site Best Viewed With

This Site Best Viewed With