My Little Light
just trying to let it shine

The Neighbor

Labels: ,
I don't know your name and I doubt we will ever meet.
I always see you at your church. I live across the street.

I sit out on my front porch and wave at the passers by.
You never wave back.  Maybe the sun is just in your eyes.

I shout a hello to your family as the church doors you walk in.
I hear a muttered statement about missing church and sin.

If the doors are open I see you there for every event that's held.
Services, potlucks, and picnics.  Oh, the food that I've smelled.

I can hear the instruments and voices as you praise your God.
While I enjoy the music I must admit that I find one thing odd.

I sometimes hear your pastor preach about spreading the word.
I scratch my head and wonder if any of you really heard.

Cause I don't know your name and I doubt we will ever meet.
I always see you at your church, but none of you see me.
6 comments:

Mark,
Hmmmm....this is good (sadly so). Very good.
Especially the last two lines.

Blessings,
~Amy :)
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com


Sadly so is right Amy. I wish it weren't right.


Yes but we only want PLUs in church: not just anyone!


Doorman - You are so spot on. Growing up in church it seems Jesus only came for certain people.


Post a Comment

About Me

Kentucky, United States
I love to write. Whether it's short stories, poems, or something else altogether I hope you will enjoy them. If you feel so inclined I would love to have you leave a comment on the things you read.

This Site Best Viewed With

This Site Best Viewed With